As we walk through life together we want to partner with you to recommend resources that may be helpful growing together and impacting our world. We encourage you to check out the links and recommendations below.
RACE, REPAIR & RECONCILIATION
At Wayzata Free, we want to be a place to have tough and uncomfortable conversations where we can share honestly and openly. Our hope is that this is more than just a conversation.
For a complete list of recommendations with links click here.
- George Yancey, Beyond Racial Gridlock: Embracing Mutual Responsibility.
- Jemar Tisby, The Color of Compromise: The Truth about the American Church’s Complicity in Racism.
Research shows that those committed to a Biblical worldview are now a minority. To interact with a world that does not always share our views, we need to understand where people are coming from when they express themselves. Many insightful options do not necessarily adopt a Christ-centric worldview, yet are helpful for Christ followers to engage in culturally relevant conversations. We recommend prioritizing materials with a Biblical worldview if you are fairly new in your faith walk with God.
- Just Mercy | video based on a true story | available on streaming services
- White Fragility: Why It's So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism by Robin DiAngelo. | available at book stores or through Hennepin County Libraries.
- George Floyd’s Death and the Long History of Racism in Minneapolis | Time Magazine | May 28, 2020